To empower and develop SACCOS through advocacy, financial and technical assistance.
Effective and Sustainable Savings and Credit Co-operative Organization that promotes financial inclusion in Tanzania.
Strong SCCULT, for SACCOS welfare.
The Savings and Credit Cooperative Union League of Tanzania (SCCULT) is the Umbrella Organization for SACCOS in Tanzania mainland. SCCULT (1992) LTD are advocates, lobbyists, representatives of the interests of SACCOS inside and outside the Country. The representation can be to the National Government, Government parastatal or agencies and international forums. The Union was established to promote and encourage thriftiness of SACCOS members, foster and promote organization growth and development of SACCOS and co-operate and collaborate with all other co-operative organizations among other objectives.
Our key role, SCCULT (1992) Ltd- as the umbrella body for SACCOS- are mainly to act as the principal local and international representative and mouth-piece of all SACCOS in the country, to promote the organization and development of viable SACCOS and financial service in Tanzania.
SCCULT (1992) Ltd is regulated by Tanzania Co-operative Development Commission (TCDC).
SCCULT (1992) Ltd started in 1960”s at the time where the Cooperative movement in Tanzania was vibrant and practically the Centre to learn the practice by all African Countries
Since its registration SCCULT (1992) Ltd aim was to combine efforts of the primary Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies and enhance its operations through availability of different services aimed at building the capacity of the members.
SCCULT (1992) Ltd was re-registered on 18th October, 1992 under Cooperative Act 15 of 1991 and given registration number 5480. SCCULT (1992) Ltd was later licensed under Microfinance Act of 2018 and given license number MSP3-TCDC/2021/00374 in 2021.
- Innovation >
- To promote the business of micro savings and micro credit amongst its members.
- To act as the principal local and international representative and mouth-piece of all SACCOS in the Country.
- To promote the organization and development of viable SACCOS and financial service in Tanzania.
- To help improve the internal management and operations of Savings and Credit Cooperative Societies
- To promote a common code of ethics based on co-operative principles among SACCOS,their officials, employees and members.